Drawing inspiration from robots in science fiction and the real world, this workshop explores the ethics of automating warfare.
Learners will find out about Isaac Asimov’s Laws of Robotics and ask themselves, what rules would they give to powerful robots?
These resources are being piloted, so we welcome feedback via the Contact form.
Explore the ethics of armed drones
• Design your own robot and think about what abilities an laws you would give it
• Learn about the development if robots in reality and in popular culture
• Learn to use modal verbs to write clear rules/instructions
• Practise critical thinking and talking about moral questions
Age range: 8-14 (for older students, try “Do Drones have a Licence to kill?”)
Duration: 2 hours
• Access to the internet and a screen to show online videos is helpful
• Art and design materials for designing (or making!) your robot
Learning Resources >